Arrival at the Lavender Tower (6/7/2022)

Grass and Peyton wake up from a daze, standing in the luxurious lobby of the 81 floor tower. Crystals line the black marble walls, and the polished granite floors. A fountain at the center is filled with gems that reflect and cast all sorts of colors around the room that create variations of spectrums of color in the crystals that line the floors and walls. Powder purple elevators are located in pairs of four in each of the three walls adjacent to the entryway, which are crystalline clear doors. They distort the world outside, but allow you to slightly see out of them, like a cloudy dream. The room is cool, but not cold. It reminds you of the feeling of the inside of an airport in the Summer, when the ac is on. There is a light scent of citrus on the air, but you can't quite place what it is. 

Maiden looks around to the crystals and gems around

“Woah… this is… just amazing!” 

She looks back to Grass with a smile

"This is... Where I'm from. I wanted to show you..."

She gets a little awkward about it.

“Oh! I see. Well it is wonderful… unless you did not like I mean. Then that would be a different story”

"You don't think it's too much? Naomi can be a little gaudy, I know..." She laughs nervously.

Maiden giggles

“It’s perfect. Don’t worry.”

Maiden looks to Grass trying to figure her out about the situation

Her spirits lift a bit.

"I mean, it's not all for show. Everything here has a purpose. Those fountains for instance are our water supply. The light is a special form of uv that purifies the water, before it moves into the next stage of processing."

“Oh! Well that really cool. Very interesting!”

Maiden looks to Grass

“You ok? You seem off?”

"It's... It's nothing. Want to see my apartment? Or... Would you rather get something to eat first? We have a large selection of foods here and I have plenty of points to spend."

“I would love to see your apartment! I bet it is lovely.”

Maiden looks to Grass to lead the way as she try’s to see into her mind

Grass is nervous about you meeting her family. She is afraid they will scare you away.

Grass begins to walk to the back of the lobby, grabbing your hand to lead the way.

Maiden continues to hold Grass's hand for her to lead the way as she is in aw of the surroundings and structures

"Woah..."

Grass leads you to the central platform and circles around to the door marked Green - 🌙 - 132

She touches it and the door opens. She gestures inside and grins nervously

Maiden walks in and looks around

The room is decorated with all sorts of exotic potted plants on shelves and hanging vines. The floors and walls are a matte white. Lights line the ceiling, casting carious hues and contrasting spectrums that somehow all work together. There is a small living area with a couch, tv, coffee table and bookshelf (all of which are a mint green) and a kitchen with everything decorated in some form of green paint or greenish granite. Two doors are shut. One leads to the bathroom, and the other to the bedroom. 

"Sorry, the place is a mess, I know...", she says, hurring to tidy up the one paper littering her coffee table. 

Maiden looks around some more

"Don't worry! It's lovey! Love the plants!"

"Thanks.", she says shyly. "You're free to stay here as long as you like... I'm sure they will assign you Lavender quarters soon, but in the mean time... What do they say, 'mi casa es su casa'?" 

"Well why thank you Grass. This is very kind of you"

Maiden smiles giving Grass a side hug

"If there is anything you need im here for you. This is all so nice"

She chuckles, still not used to the idea of a Lavender being so kind to her. She is reminded again of why she is so fond of The Flower Maiden.

"You can always ask to... Nevermind it's silly. Want to go check out the cafeteria? I'm starving."

Maiden gives a curious look and grin

"Ask to what?"

"Ummm..." her gray skin turns a deep purple blush

She fiddles with her hair nervously.

"I was going to suggest you could stay here with me if you didn't want to move into a Lavender quarters, but why would you do that? Lavender quarters are so clean and Purple! I just... I really want a roommate." She laughs nervously

Maiden blushes

"I would love too stay with you! I don't see why not? I love spending time with you! I would not have it any other way!"

Maiden smiles

Her eyes widen

"Really?"

"You should at least look into what your quarters would be like, I wouldn't want to take that away from you." She is talking a thousand words a minute, from a mixture of excitement and obsessive necessity 

Maiden giggle and put a hand on Grass's face to have her look at her to calm her down

"It's ok. Really. You no need to worry dear. I perfect staying here. I would love too."

"I-", she pauses. You hear her in your mind. "Believe you."

She smiles brightly and takes you on a tour, showing you her elegant bedroom with regal decore and a bed with sparkly draperies. She explains that it helps her feel safe when she sleeps. The bathroom is modest but very clean. The walls are a pine green. Her kitchen is loaded with cookware and high-tech appliances. The fridge is full and you all decide to cook a meal together rather than go to the cafeteria this time.

"You have a lovey apartment Grass. It's very lovey and wonderful!"

She gives a smiles

"It's very green! One of my favorite colors"

"Thank you. I know it's not as spacious as it could be, but I make do with what I was given!" 

"Ironic isn't it? A green with an taste for nature and the color green?" She laughs at that.

Maiden giggles

"I guess your right!"

"Guess you have good taste."

"I guess you do too!" She bumps you playfully then seems a bit nervous about having done so.

Maiden giggles at the playfulness

"Anything you wish to do love?"

Maiden catches herself on the word love as she goes red

"Oh um sorry! Just you know I though and you know I just I think and I um uh I was just thinking and I um-"

Grass panics, not knowing what to do to calm her. 

A sudden urge comes over her and she quickly kisses Maiden, before she realized what she was doing.

She pulls away, dazed, but then realizes what just happened and blushed almost a neon purple.

"I'm sorry... I umm... I got lost in the chaos of that moment. I will just umm... Go now."

Maiden is red as a tomato

"No! Im mean... please.. don't go..."

Her heart races and her eyes begin to tear up a little, both from embarrassment and nervousness, with a hint of excitement.

"I shouldn't have... You didn't mean to say that... I-um-panicked." 

"I just didn't want you to feel bad for saying it... So, I kissed you." 

She continues to overexplain

"Oh shut up now"

Maiden walks over to Grass as she pulls her into another kiss

"Besides... I liked it... and I bet... you did to"

She took the kiss with wide eyes, not expecting it at first, but relaxed into it, savoring every second.

"Of course I did. I started it.", she says awkwardly. "I enjoyed this one more though because you kissed me.", she is smiling and blushing as she says this.

Maiden smile as she blushes

"Um... thank you... w-what now?"

Maiden is unsure of what to do after that just happened

Grass is super excited now. Her voice is beyond cheery, but she is yawning as she speaks. "We could explore more of the floors, like the recreation area or go tease Plumb down in deliveries... or... yawn or... bigger yawn"

"Or you can get some sleep?"

"But there is... yawn So much I want to show you."

She gives up before you can protest too much.

"Fine, maybe just a quick nap..."

She smiles then starts off toward her bedroom.

Maiden smiles as she finds a couch to sleep on and lays down

A few minutes later, you see Grass poke her head out of the door.

"Um, I don't know how to ask this... but would you want to sleep in here with me?"

"Hm? Oh! um sure!" Maiden follows them

Grass clearly shows you her half and yours and quickly crawls under the covers like an excited child. She keeps to her side and waits to see what you will do.

Maiden snuggles into her side of the bed as she watches Grass with a smile

Grass scoots closer one inch and smiles, keeping her distance for now.

Maiden smiles as she looks on her phone for bit and looks on YouTube and Twitter for anything new

You suddenly feel something bump into your side. Grass scooted one inch too many.

Maiden rests her head on Grass's shoulder as she looks up to her as she smiles

She minds her own business, but leans in a bit and smiles.

Maiden goes to brows the YouTube for a bit, showing Grass now and then some cute videos

Maiden scrolls though YouTube when she looks in what her subscribers have posted... Hm? Naomi posted a video? Maiden clicks on it and watches it

Grass watches closely

Maiden's eyes go wide as she panics inside but calm down with a determined look

"What do you know about this? Anything at all?"

Maiden shows Grass the video

"What's a 'ROSE pill'?"

"A pill that are terrible and change a person completely that they are not even themselves anymore..."

"..."

She looks into your eyes, worried. Her purple irises swirl like little galaxies.

"Why would 'She Who Wears the Gloves... Is this from a broadcast or...?"

She begins to panic a little.

"She would never rewrite us, would she?"

"I.... I don't know... but I worry about I feel they can us me... I have in the past taken this pill... foolish to it's effects... I just fear... I don't know..."

"I'm being silly... Sorry to frighten you. She is benevolent and kind... We are to trust her with our all, and all will be provided for. She is a wonderful mother and I have done wrong in doubting her... I just don't understand why she would want something like that... Maybe she wants to destroy it all?" 

That all sounded a bit rehearsed, practiced, like she had been taught this ideology all her life.

"I... I don't know.... I'll probably just sleep on it and see what I am think of"

Maiden cuddles up with Grass

She happily cuddles back. Beaming with happiness.

"Lights off." She says, and they dim down automatically.

Before she drifts off, you hear her whispering in the dark. "Hey, I love you too." 

Maiden smiles as she drifts off to sleep, letting dreams fill her head

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare of Reality and the Dream (1/15/23)

A Fallen Angel (4/11/23)

A Deadly Prophecy (12/31/2022)