A Familiar Flower (10/17/23)

Violet wakes up and makes some tea, sipping on some as she makes her way outside with her laptop, looking to enjoy the morning

Angie is already out there when you step out. She is dressed in yoga gear and is doing poses. A traditional Japanese tea set is set up on a log a few feet away from her.

Violet waves to Angie, smiling as she seems to have settled into the sort of new environment and house as she walks over and sits down with her

"Enjoying some morning tea?"

Angie keeps her eyes closed, but a new eye opens on the side of her head.

"Physical and mental upkeep keeps the warrior sharp."

Violet perks up an eyebrow with the new eye

"Um of course... what's with the eyeball? If you don't mind me asking that is! I don't want to seem rude."

"Licorice are designed to adapt to whatever situation is needed. That includes shifting skin and organs. You can change form now too, right?"

Angie points to the crown. 

"Can I? I never really knew or tried."

Violet looks up to the crown. curious of what else it can do as well

"I mean... You should be able to. You can manipulate matter. You are matter too. I don't really understand how to operate it though. You would know more than I."

Angie opens her eyes, stretching before standing.

Her extra eye shifts back into her head.

Violet thinks to what she should try to transform to. The image and the idea clicks into her mind of what to transform to as she focus's, closing her eyes to perhaps helping the focus

Angie accidentally interrupts.

"Want some matcha?"

She pours a cup, adds powder and then begins stirring. 

Violet opens her eyes to look the Angie

"Hm? Sure! But I want to try that transform thing sooner then later. If you don't mind that is?"

"This one can be mine, if you need to wait."

"Oh! Ok!"

Violet sits down and focus's once again while she wait for her tea

Angie finishes the tea and sips on it as she watches her focus.

A burning pain begins at the top of Violet's head. It's an itchy sort of burn, not horribly intense but definitely not something she can just ignore. It intensifies as it moves down her scalp, a crawling sensation just beneath the skin.

Violet notice's it's probably working as she focus's harder, having the image in her head as clear as day

The sensation progresses until it reaches her toes. The burning sensation is continually increasing. It's starting to really hurt now. 

Violet feels that it is almost done and complete, summoning a mirror to make sure when it is complete

Violet feels a piercing sensation throughout her entire body and a wriggling sensation on the skin. When she look in the mirror she sees innumerable wirey roots over every inch of her skin. The parts of skin she can see beneath are boiling like water but it has somehow stopped hurting.

"Woah. You okay there, Violet?"

Violet looks like she is struggling but gives a thumbs up, trying to complete to process of transformation

The roots retract and Violet feels them crawling back up toward her head. When the process is over, Violet looks..

 Human.

"Well, that's different." 

Violet looks at herself and her hands, tearing up just a bit to see her back to her original form back before everything went to shit

"This is... wow."

"I'm so glad that worked to be honest... but what in the world was that wirey form?"

"Beats me. Magic was always... her thing... Wait..."

Angie looks confused.

"Sorry, I think I was remembering a dream."

"Strawberry never messed with this stuff and my only living sister is Sugar. I think I used to dream about another? I don't know..."

This part was quietly reflected on in Angie's mind.  The thought fades away just as quickly as it came.

"Another? Weird..."

Violet thinks about it for a moment before brushing it off

"Well be sure to keep an eye on it, just in case."

Violet gives a smile and twirl for Angie

"Well... this is me! Well... at least before I died and came back and all that jazz happened. Do you... like it?"

"Wait... What do you mean by "died"?

"Long time ago Cole shot me in the head after I was being a shit of a person. Then I went to hell, got turned into a deer demon thing and long story short I am now here!"

"Okay... Well, you look different... It will take me some getting used to."

Angie blushes. Realizing she is being rude. She mentally seizes up and can't apologize.

"Do you want me to change back? If you don't like it, I don't want to make you uncomfortable!"

"No, no! It's fine. It looks good... I just am slow with change. Sorry..."

She hides her face in her hands. Eyes peep out of her fingertips.

Violet smiles as she moves and holds one of the hands off Angie's face

"No need to apologize. It's alright! Change can be scary sometimes but I am here to help!"

Her eyes retract back into her hands.

"Funny that someone like me struggles with that, huh?"

"You look really good... and peaceful... That makes me happy."

“Well I’m glad that makes you happy!”

Violet looks to Angie

“You sure your ok?”

She smiles.

"I am because you are."

Violet blushes

"Oh! Well you don't have to rely on me to make you happy you know? But that is very kind of you."

Violet is unsure what to say to the kind comment

Angie does the agitated anime face.

Violet looks back to Angie

"Alright somethings on your mind. What's up Angie?"

"I don't know how to go home."

"What if everything's different or taken over? I've been trying to figure everything out but I can't do it..."

"Well you are always welcome to make a home here? I mean I have many rooms and I would not mind spending more time with the person that I spend the end of the world with!"

Violet giggles

Angie nervously chuckles.

"Thank you. You are too kind."

"It's no problem!"

Violet gives a thumbs up

"You know what they say! Those of a feather got to stick together!" 

"That reminds me... Do you still have wings under that shirt?"

"Hm? Yea they are a bit cramp. I'll have to cut out some holes in the shirt to let them spread out and do their thing."

Angie seems relieved for some reason.

"Well, I'm going to get that cup of matcha for you now."

"Oh! Alright!"

Violet smiles as she sits and relaxes

Angie makes her a cup and sips hers alongside Violet, enjoying the gentle breeze of the chilly morning air. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare of Reality and the Dream (1/15/23)

A Deadly Prophecy (12/31/2022)

A Fallen Angel (4/11/23)