Upgrading To Something More (6/14-15/2022)

Maiden awakes and sit up as she looks around 






After The Procedure. . .

Two large Purple Powderpuffs drag The Flower Maiden to Grass' door. They have her by the arms. She is awake but very dazed. A bandage covers her left eye and most of her head. Her skin is now a gray tint and her hair is a powdery purple. Her right eye twitches, opening a mere centimeter, as she struggles to see. 
On her back are two nubs. They writhe and twist painfully.

She try’s to hold her hand out to Grass as she try’s to look to her if able

Grass sobs grabbing her hand. Maiden's needles extend from her fingers and stab into Grass's hand. Grass shrieks, but holds still as the color fills her mind.

"Please, tell me you are still you... She can't take you away from me... She wouldn't, would she?" 
"Peyton... My beautiful Lavender..."
She rubs your cheek
She try’s to speak as she try’s looks to Grass
“grass?”
She combs her fingers through your hair. 
"Purple suits you."
She giggles weakly
“T-thanks.”
A surge of pain jolts through your entire body. Your blood is hot and... moving? The nubs on your back crack and bleed, as something begins to push through your skin. 
“EAHHHHH!”
She screams in pain as she looks to Grass with tears in her eyes from the pain
Grass screams. She is running in small circles, panicking. She suddenly thinks of something and runs to the bathroom.
She returns. She is hyperventilating a bit, but focused on what needs to be done. She is holding a green container, about the size of a lunchbox. It has a frowny face and a purple cross on the front. She tosses the box on the bed and opens it. She finds a circular container of clear jell and collects a glop in one hand.
"C-c-c-can you r-r-roll over for me?"
She struggles but manages to roll over as she try’s to bite back the pain
She grabs the pillow and screams into it
Grass quickly reaches for the nubs, but stops when she sees all of the blood. There is blood all over her bed, but now is not the time to worry about that. She uses her other hand to fish through the box and get some cleaning cloths. She carefully wipes the blood away.
"I'm sorry...I'm sorry.", she says as she does so.
She continues to scream into the pillow as she looks to all the blood to the right of her as her eyes widened to the sight as look back to pillow
The blood is a dark purple. When the wounds were cleaned, Grass carefully rubbed the jell onto each. The pain eases. 
She gives a little yelp to the touch but calms down as she look to Grass
The nubs are still extending from the skin, but very slowly.
It's more of a dull pain now.
Grass rubs your back, around the nubs. It helps some, but only some.
She give a groan to the dull pain
“T-this… sucks”
Grass tries to change the subject, but can't stop thinking about your back. "I-uh-guess I'll have to teach you how to use these, huh?", she asks nervously. Her voice is shakey. Her nerves are burnt out.
She try’s to hold her hand though the pain as she try’s to do some breathing in and out she knows
“W-what is… it?”
Grass grabs her hand. It's a little greasy but not overly so.
"Your wings? They haven't grown in yet... It takes time if you aren't already an alpha unit... I still don't understand why they did this to you... They don't usually upgrade your model unless you ask."
Grass rubs her thumb across the back of Maiden's hand in a circular soothing manner. 
She smiles as she looks to Grass with a smile
“I… I can… now experience what… you experience… together…forever…”
"Peyton... You didn't have to..." Her eyes fill with tears. Her heart is touched. "I loved you just the way you were... I mean... I still do and that's so sweet of you, but look at all the trouble it caused... You didn't need to do that for me." Her eyes brighten to the sparkly purple, and she kisses Maiden's forehead. 
“P… Peyton?”
She looks to Grass with a confused face
"Yes?" Grass doesn't understand.
"That's your name, silly."
She continues to look confused as she holds her own head trying to think
"N... no?"
She trys to think of anything in her memories with Peyton in it
"What do you mean, no?"
her gray skin turns pale 
"Oh no... It just wasn't there yet... I'm losing you, aren't I?" She starts to hyperventilate again.
“Wwhat? No! Your not… losing me… my dear… my name is Violet. Last I recall.”
"Oh."
Her expression is null. 
“Dear? Everything… ok?”
Violet looks to her with worry
"I'm sorry, I thought you were color before now... I'm so silly... Why did I think that Peyton was a color?" She sighs.
"Well... Welcome to the family then. Not officially, but by the blood of the Goddess. This doesn't change anything about...us... okay?"
"Think of it as... changing species?"
“Of course it doesn’t change anything about us… I would hope.”
Violet takes a pause to take in everything that has happened
“Ok… so… what now dear… are you going to be ok?”
"Me?" She laughs nervously. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" She is speaking a thousand words a minute again.
“Just… I know you worry… and I want to make sure you are ok as well. Not just me.”
Violet holds her other hand as well
“You can talk to me”
"All I was saying is that we are alike now... but not actual family... At least not yet." She blushes, realizing what she insinuated. It was WAY to early in the relationship for talk like that. She bites her lip nervously.
“Not yet?”
Violet gives a grin and giggles as she kisses Grass
She takes Violet's other hand.
She happily kisses back.
She pulls away.
"Yeah... and I'm fine... I just don't do well in a tense situation."
She feels bad about pulling away, but tries not to show it.
She smiles
“Well tell me if anything is bothering you or you feel tense. I just want to make sure you are ok.”
"You too... I mean... obviously you aren't fine right now... but you know what I mean."
"How do the wings feel now?"
Violet try’s to ‘feel’ the wings like a muscle and how the pain is doing
"Oh, Mara! Your eye... I didn't even check your bandaged eye... I wonder if I even should?"
“Oh yea. You can go ahead if you want. I really don’t mind”
"What if I mess something up?"
"Dear... you can never mess it up." 
She laughs.
"I could though! I don't want to... break your eye or something..."
"The only way I see you breaking my eye is if you punch it out. If you are worried you can keep it on but I don't mind if you at least check it"
Violet gives them a comforting smile
Grass nods. She very carefully unwraps the bandages around your head and gasps when she sees the stitches around your temple and forehead. The left eye is... (Grass can feel the essence within) an eye of She Who Wears the Gloves. 
Grass frantically re-wraps the area.
"Everything ok? What is it?"
"Uhhhh"
She wraps faster.
Violet grab her hand to stop her
"Grass... Tell me"
"Uhhhh"
"Please"
"They did a lot..."
"Grass. What did they do"
"Well, they definitely gave you all of the brain enhancements... and..."
"You have our mother's eye."
"W-What? Can I have a mirror? What does this mean?"
She runs to the bathroom to get a mirror. She returns with a small uand mirror with a wooden frame that seems to be alive. Leaves grow from tiny stems all around the glass. 
Violet starts to unwrap the bandages as she looks to Grass for the ok to do so as she continues to unwrap it
Grass gulps, slowly nodding.
She unwraps it as she takes the mirror, looking into it 
A set of stitches run across either temple and your forehead, near the left eye. The irritated skin around the incisions is a dark purple. Your eyes... Both are a light purple... However, your left eye feels... Like it is watching you, even though you can still see through it.
You feel as if it whispers words through movements of the iris, but you can't understand it... It doesn't bother you for some reason. It feels comforting. 
"Ok... Ok... I feel like it's watching me? Thats... weird."
Grass laughs.
"It's mother's eye, silly! Of course it sees you!"
"That weird. Ok I guess... does it do anything?"
"You are... protected. This makes you her real daughter."
"I'm sure you can do all sorts of things with it! I'm not the right person to ask about that though."
"What do you mean by real daughter?" 
"A part of Mother lives in you now. That's one of her actual eyes."
"Don't worry, she has over a hundred."
"Woah... thats... cool? Who would I ask about this?"
"Maybe a Red? They are the informational units."
"Where can I ask or find them?"
"You need to rest... We'll talk to them together tomorrow."
She helps you rewrap your head and gets you a cup of hot tea.
"Anything else I can get for you?"
"Or do for you?"
"Not that I can think of dear... I just need to rest like you said..."
Violet look to the ceiling on the bed as she smiles to Grass
Grass climbs into the bed and cuddles up, despite the blood stains.
Violet cuddles up as she drifts to sleep to let dreams take her mind as she smiles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare of Reality and the Dream (1/15/23)

A Fallen Angel (4/11/23)

A Deadly Prophecy (12/31/2022)